DME is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with facilities HVAC experience in the pharmaceutical & advanced technologies industries. This is a full time position in our growing Pennsylvania office, reporting to the Director of Facilities Engineering. This position will provide opportunities to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects. Working in a small team environment, the successful candidate will enjoy providing mechanical engineering services supporting projects from conceptual through detailed design, commissioning and qualification of pharmaceutical, R&D, process development & manufacturing facilities. This person will interact directly with clients and collaborate with other architectural and engineering disciplines to ensure that user requirements are met on technically complex projects.
DME is committed to delivering design solutions for advanced technology facilities that we can be proud of. We are driven by the strong desire to get results for our clients and share in their success. Our focus is on developing a company culture that aspires to the core values of integrity, dependability, teamwork, humility, versatility and passion.
Since 2001, DME has built a solid reputation for strong technical expertise, responsive service, and getting the job done right. Working in a dynamic small team environment, we have cultivated a collaborative, no-pretense workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued. We see a diverse array of interesting and challenging projects – providing an exceptional opportunity to develop career-enhancing technical and professional skills through exposure to a rich variety of technologies and project responsibilities. Learn more about team DME at www.DMEforLife.com.
- Provide engineering services to support design, troubleshooting and remediation of MEP systems and utilities in pharmaceutical and biotechnology operations.
- Work on multiple complex projects requiring innovative, original solutions.
- Provide guidance to the engineering Group.
- Plan multiple projects simultaneously, working mostly independently, with minimal supervision. Estimate, track, and complete projects on time and within budget. Results are key to successful completion of major projects.
- Subject matter expert in multiple technical areas and systems design.
- Effectively train people outside the engineering Group.
- Effectively present project deliverables to high level Clients and effectively represent DME on cross-organizational teams.
- Write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption.
- Lead technical and non-technical project staff. Responsible for budget and manpower estimates. Support development of proposals.
- Develop innovative solutions to unique problems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university. Architectural, Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- 8-20 years of hands-on experience with facilities systems and utilities in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- Firm understanding of cGMP regulatory requirements for regulated industries
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems design
- Experience with primary plant equipment design, maintenance, troubleshooting and commissioning
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and Autocad
- Strong computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Engineering – 3 years
DME provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply: Send resume to email@example.com