Location: Allentown, PA. O’Neal is looking for a versatile and resourceful engineering project manager with process engineering experience in the regulated life sciences industry. This is a full-time mid-senior level position in our growing Pennsylvania office, reporting to the vice president of engineering. This position will provide opportunities to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects with diverse technologies and job responsibilities. Working in a small team environment, the successful candidate will enjoy lead project roles with opportunities to exercise and further develop well-rounded skills in engineering project management, project engineering, and process design. This person will interact directly with clients and direct/coordinate internal and external A/E resources to execute technically complex projects, with broad responsibility for managing client relationships and project performance. Strong communication capabilities, teamwork collaboration, schedule/budget management and project delivery skills will be required. Candidates must have prior experience with project management for capital projects in cGMP facilities, with preference given to individuals with design experience in biopharm facilities.
- Manage the development and delivery of design deliverables through conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction administration phases of the project.
- Represent DME in primary communications with the client, suppliers, and other project stakeholders; Lead project meetings, track action items and issue project reports.
- Manage and mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop the project approach, project execution plan, schedule and resource loading to mobilize and coordinate the project team for execution of the scope of work.
- Manage scope change, identifying the risk, cost and schedule impact to the project, as well as necessary adjustments to the contract and project plan.
- Support the development of engineering and design deliverables as needed.
- Develop project costing and proposals in response to client RFPs.
- Support marketing and business development activities; Identify new project opportunities with clients.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS Engineering or architecture degree.
- 5+ years’ experience with engineering project management, preferably in a design firm setting.
- Ability to generate high level engineering deliverables as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP regulatory requirements for drug substance and drug product facilities.
- Experience working with project controls tools to manage cost and schedule.
- Works collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment and wins support from coworkers; Ability to plan and supervise the development of technical deliverables.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
O’Neal is committed to delivering design solutions for advanced technology facilities that we can be proud of. We are driven by the strong desire to get results for our clients and share in their success. Our focus is on developing a company culture that aspires to the core values of integrity, dependability, teamwork, humility, versatility and passion.
O’Neal has built a solid reputation for strong technical expertise, responsive service, and getting the job done right. Working in a dynamic small team environment, we have cultivated a collaborative, no-pretense workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued.
We see a diverse array of interesting and challenging projects – providing an exceptional opportunity to develop career-enhancing technical and professional skills through exposure to a rich variety of technologies and project responsibilities. Learn more about team O’Neal at www.onealinc.com.
ATTENTION SEARCH FIRMS & THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: O’Neal is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with O’Neal. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at O’Neal via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at O’Neal in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of O’Neal, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by O’Neal as a result of the referral or through other means.