Location: Allentown, PA. O’Neal is seeking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on projects in biotech, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Working in a small team environment, you will enjoy diverse and technically challenging projects.
O’Neal’s experience and expertise in advanced technology facilities, in combination with your design knowledge and technical skills, will take your career to the next level. In this role, you will be working closely with other Engineers, Designers and Architects to deliver a coordinated design for exceptional facilities.
- Function as electrical discipline lead, interfacing with other engineers, designers and clients to supervise and coordinate the development of design deliverables.
- Effectively assume a lead role at project meetings and communicate project and technical information.
- Provide electrical engineering services supporting projects from conceptual through detailed design.
- Develop design documentation including engineering calculations and drawings for Power, Lighting, Fire Alarm, and Communication:
- Power distribution single line and riser diagrams.
- General power distribution plans.
- Lighting and lighting controls.
- Generator and UPS systems.
- Perform coordination studies, voltage drop, short circuit calculations and arc flash studies.
- Develop system specifications and other design deliverables supporting facility expansions, renovations, new equipment and remediation projects.
- Perform feasibility studies, concept development, safety/risk analysis, equipment/utilities capacity analysis and sizing.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Professional Engineer licensure is required.
- Minimum 15 years of MEP electrical engineering experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of NEC, NESC, IECC, IESNA, IEEE, and NFPA codes/standards.
- Experience with design of industrial and/or laboratory facilities is required. Additionally, GMP facility and clean room experience is desirable.
- Experience designing Class 1, Div. 1 & 2 explosion proof electrical systems.
- Strong computer literacy, good written & verbal communication skills.
O’Neal is committed to delivering design solutions for advanced technology facilities that we can be proud of. We are driven by the strong desire to get results for our clients and share in their success. Our focus is on developing a company culture that aspires to the core values of integrity, dependability, teamwork, humility, versatility and passion.
O’Neal has built a solid reputation for strong technical expertise, responsive service, and getting the job done right. Working in a dynamic small team environment, we have cultivated a collaborative, no-pretense workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued.
We see a diverse array of interesting and challenging projects – providing an exceptional opportunity to develop career-enhancing technical and professional skills through exposure to a rich variety of technologies and project responsibilities. Learn more about team O’Neal at www.onealinc.com.
ATTENTION SEARCH FIRMS & THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: O’Neal is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with O’Neal. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at O’Neal via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at O’Neal in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of O’Neal, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by O’Neal as a result of the referral or through other means.