DME is currently seeking to add an Associate Mechanical Designer to their team to provide equipment design services for projects executed from DME’s office or a Client site, working within a team structure or individually, depending on the project requirements. The Associate Mechanical Designer will assist in the design services for facility design projects with development of systems drawings, Air Flow Diagrams, duct and utilities design and equipment specifications. The position will require the assistance in developing conceptual designs for HVAC and utility systems in new and existing facilities as well as completed field surveys of facilities to document dimensions and location of installed equipment and services. The Associate Mechanical Designer will develop Revit based models for multidiscipline design efforts. Position requires occasional travel in support of project activities.
DME is committed to delivering design solutions for advanced technology facilities that we can be proud of. We are driven by the strong desire to get results for our clients and share in their success. Our focus is on developing a company culture that aspires to the core values of integrity, dependability, teamwork, humility, versatility and passion.
Since 2001, DME has built a solid reputation for strong technical expertise, responsive service, and getting the job done right. Working in a dynamic small team environment, we have cultivated a collaborative, no-pretense workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued. We see a diverse array of interesting and challenging projects – providing an exceptional opportunity to develop career-enhancing technical and professional skills through exposure to a rich variety of technologies and project responsibilities. Learn more about team DME at www.DMEforLife.com.
- Appropriate training from a technical school. Architectural, Mechanical or Electrical disciplines preferred
- 0-5 years design experience with facilities systems and utilities for manufacturing and industrial facilities
- Willingness to learn cGMP regulatory requirements for regulated industries
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems design
- Experience with primary plant equipment design, maintenance, troubleshooting and commissioning is preferred
- Strong computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Strong Revit skills