DME Facility Focus—It’s Time For Dialog
New Challenges Require a Different Mindset
Two years ago at INTERPHEX 2016, DME introduced Facility Focus. It was designed to create a dialog within the industry regarding how we are going to meet the new challenges for practical facility designs.
We continued the dialog at INTERPHEX 2017. We again asked the question, “How are we going to be able to meet these challenges with the pressures we have on our businesses?” As we did for INTERPHEX 2016, we sought the perspectives of those who are intimately involved in the industry. Through our surveys, we drew out a better understanding of how the industry is evolving so we can better forecast what a future facility might look like.
The Panel Discussions for 2017 were:
cGMP Facility Modernization: New Solutions for Aging Facilities, moderated by David M. Marks, President of DME
- Panelists included Ken Fontaine, Sr. Director/FMC Facilities & Engineering at AstraZeneca Biologics; Dan D’Aquila, Sr. Director Manufacturing Operations, Biopharm at GSK and Kevin Walsh, Director of Site Technical Engineering and Validation at sanofi pasteur.
The second panel, Next Generation Aseptic Manufacturing: An Eye-Opening Peek into the Future, was moderated by Hite Baker, Principal Process Engineer at DME
- Panelists included Alex Haig, Director of Engineering at Cook Pharmica; Matthew VonEsch, Sr. Director, Manufacturing at Exelead; John Barnes, Sr. Engineering Manager at Northstar Medical Radioisotopes and John Erdner, Director of Sales, Liquid Fill at SP Scientific.
Survey Results and Analysis are now available for download
cGMP Facility Modernization: What the Survey Results Tell Us
In this Facility Focus survey report, you’ll learn about the trends, technologies, and tactics manufacturers are using to modernize their legacy facilities in order to enhance manufacturing reliability, efficiency, and flexibility—as well as the benefits, challenges, and risks involved in facility upgrades.
Next Generation Aseptic Manufacturing: What Your Peers are Saying
This Facility Focus Survey Report explores how to design sterile manufacturing facilities to make the best use of available modern technologies that will ensure products of the highest quality are consistently manufactured, over an extended life cycle, with robust regulatory compliance.
Advancements in technology and better aseptic manufacturing practices have dominated the facility-design landscape in recent years. These include:
- Reliable Supply/FDA Metrics
- Modernization/Product Safety
- Small Bath / “Combi” Lines
- RTU Components, Trays & Tubs
- 6 – Sigma
- Single Use Disposable Revolution, to name just a few
What does Facility Focus provide for INTERPHEX Attendees?
- A better understanding of the trends shaping our industry, what’s driving change, how competitors are responding and how others are turning problems into opportunities
- Advice on how to approach the regulatory questions regarding compliance facilities and producing safer, higher quality products
- An understanding of priorities across the industry—from manufacturers, regulatory authorizes, academia, and service providers
We are in the process of developing our Facility Focus surveys for 2018.
If you would share your thoughts about industry trends and participate in our surveys, please contact us at sales@DMEforLife.com